Providing freedom, hope and healing so girls can live abundant lives in Christ.
Years of civil war followed by the deadly Ebola outbreak have left thousands of children orphaned and alone in Sierra Leone.
These orphans often face neglect and abuse that no person, especially no child, should ever have to endure. Girls are particularly vulnerable and trafficked at rapid rates, often by their own family members. In 2019 the President of Sierra Leone declared a State of Emergency in regards to violence towards women and children.
- Sierra Leone is one of the 10 poorest nations in the world with the majority of the population living in poverty
- A third of young children are engaged in child labor
- Almost half of the girls in Sierra Leone are married before their 18th birthday
- Half of the girls under age 15 are unable to read or write
- The country ranks 181 out of 189 for worst health, labor and empowerment conditions for women, according to the United Nations
What we do
Princess Promise provides holistic, Christ-centered care for vulnerable girls in Sierra Leone, Africa, empowering them to live abundant lives in Christ. We are committed to creating an environment for complete healing and restoration.
Our Ministry Partners We want to introduce you to our ministry partner, The Yiabas. Mike met Pastor Sahr and his wife, Seibatu in 2016 on a trip to Sierra Leone. The Yiabas started Love One Another Children's Ministry in 2004, to care for vulnerable orphaned children...
Here's what Yeama Mamie had to say about her first day at her new private school this fall. "The name of my new school is John International Academy. I woke up early in the morning to say my morning prayers, wash, get dressed, eat my breakfast and go to school. The...
Here at Princess Promise, sponsorship is at the heart of our ministry. Each of our girls has five sponsorship shares available. These shares, at just $39 a month each, allow every girl to have up to five different sponsors. This means five different people are...