Providing freedom, hope and healing so girls can live abundant lives in Christ.
Years of civil war followed by the deadly Ebola outbreak have left thousands of children orphaned and alone in Sierra Leone.
These orphans often face neglect and abuse that no person, especially no child, should ever have to endure. Girls are particularly vulnerable and trafficked at rapid rates, often by their own family members. In 2019 the President of Sierra Leone declared a State of Emergency in regards to violence towards women and children.
- Sierra Leone is one of the 10 poorest nations in the world with the majority of the population living in poverty
- A third of young children are engaged in child labor
- Almost half of the girls in Sierra Leone are married before their 18th birthday
- Half of the girls under age 15 are unable to read or write
- The country ranks 181 out of 189 for worst health, labor and empowerment conditions for women, according to the United Nations
What we do
Princess Promise provides holistic, Christ-centered care for vulnerable girls in Sierra Leone, Africa, empowering them to live abundant lives in Christ. We are committed to creating an environment for complete healing and restoration.
The girl's home is 40% complete with all the blockwork finished. They will start to roof the home next week as they will also begin the foundation work for our first Family Home. They're prepping for the roof construction that starts next week! The front of the...
Enjoying God's Great Blessings! The girls are enjoying their new dresses! Charla with Sunlite Massage (McKinney) wanted to do something special for the girls. She offered her clients a chance to win 2- free 90-minute massages for a $10 raffle ticket. She raised $600...
It's a new year, and we have a new name! Princess Project is now officially Princess Promise. Please keep reading to hear the story of where our original name came from and why we made the decision to change it.The name Princess Project was inspired by a sweet...